Can you believe that there are ONLY 14 Days until Christmas! We are all very excited and what is more fun then smelling sweet treats baking in the oven. This bread smells especially delicious while it is baking! Below is the original recipe which of course is absolutely delicious (and it make 2 loaves!).
Here are my modifications (you may want to play around with these a bit, I have made the recipe both ways and although my family loves my modifications it may take a little getting use to). Happy Baking
- Substitute the 3 1/2 cups flour with 1 cup whole wheat flour and 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Substitute 1 cup vegetable oil with 1/2 cup canola oil and 1/2 cup of apple sauce
- Reduce sugar from 3 cups to 2 1/4 cups
- I was able to use fresh, local and organic pumpkin that I cooked down over the Fall into a puree, and then froze.
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two 9×5 inch loaf pans.
- In a large mixing, combine sugar, oil and eggs; beat until smooth. Add water and beat until well blended. Stir in pumpkin, ginger, allspice cinnamon, and clove.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, soda, salt, and baking powder. Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and blend just until all ingredients are mixed. Divide batter between prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven until toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour.